Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday/Slumber Party

We celebrated Sydney's 9th birthday with a sleepover. When she first asked my first response was "Have you lost your mind? Do you not realize how small our house is?" Well I guess I had 2 responses. Basically, I was in shock because she had never mentioned it before. Lucky for me I did not have to tell her no. My Uncle Lou & Aunt Sally were to be in Florida at the time and graciously let us use their home.
So 4 giggly friends later, 1 little brother & 1 terrific Grandma (who hadn't been feeling well) the party was under way. Oh, did I mention 1 father who was ready to get the heck out of there?
Here is her cake. I decided that I would make my own icing and try to decorate it. Huge thanks to Elizabeth for sharing a recipe with me. She has made some awesome cakes. Well I had no plans on getting  that fancy. at least I know I can do it. For my first attempt I got the icing a little soft. But with as tired as I was and as late as it was I was happy with it. 



Everything was going great til some of them decided to get up at 6:30 am. I mean come on Anderson normally doesn't get up that early. I figured with them not going to sleep til 11:30 pm I would be good til at least 8:00 am. WRONG!!
The gang is all here!

The treat bags I decorated for everyone. They only cost a dollar at Micheal's. We decorated wooden frames and ceraminc animal statues. These are some crafty girls.

Grandma & Anderson playing.
Lucky for me all of the girls were great with Anderson and didn't mind him being around. They were constantly giving him toys & making sure he was happy.
Yeah for good friends!!

No comments: