Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Top Dog in the Country


Sussex Spaniel Wins!!!!

Yeah, for "Stump"! This 10 year old dog won the country's top dog show last night. I am very glad as that is who I was rooting for. I must just like short legged long backed dogs. He was my pick when he won the group back in 2004. What an accomplishment to win the group 5 years ago then come back and win again. He became the oldest dog ever to win the show. After his big win 2004 he became very sick and almost died from unknown causes. I'm sure most of you won't agree but I am very glad the poodle or something very flashy did not win. As someone who has shown Bassets it is very hard to get the judge to take notice of a wonderful dog when it does not have alot of flare.

(photo courtesy people.com)


Congrats Stump!! You deserve it

No comments: